View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 09:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitter13 View Post
Hello all-
I'm here looking for some insight or suggestions. I am a 32 year old female. For the past few weeks, I have been having constant twitching in my upper right abdominal area....right below my right breast. I do not have pain associated with the twitching, and the twitching is constant throughout the day. In the past year, I have had neck/spine problems. I had surgery for a bad disc and had a laminectomy in 9/10. I did not recover as well from the surgery and a lot of swelling occurred, so I have been doing physical therapy and also taking spinal shots every 3 weeks in hopes of making the inflammation and pain go away. I had the first shot the second week of march, and the 2nd shot the 2nd week of april...and I am due for the 3rd shot next week. I do not have any idea if my neck or disc problems are associated with the twitching in the abdomen. I am not pregnant, and am otherwise in good health and shape. I do not smoke, abuse alcohol or drugs, and I get adequate rest and have a decent diet. I do not notice any other issues other than the twitching and pain and swelling in my neck area. I dont know if I should see a doctor because I am not sure what to say or how to explain the issue. It's really more annoying than anything. I had EMG and Nerve tests done before my surgery, to rule out other issues...so at this point, not sure what to do. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Pitter
Hi there. I had what sounds just as you described at 29 years of age. Also, the spine, neck problems and a nagging muscle pain under my right "wing". Radiated up to my neck and all throughout my body. Please, don't dismiss this.... have your gallbladder checked. Had no idea, but turned out to be a cause of a lot of my spine pain and muscle pain. I created this profile just to tell you this. I even had nerve blocks done to try to relieve the pain in my back. didn't touch the pain. I had to even quit my job for the pain. My idea is my gallbladder was so faulty, it was screwing with my muscles/ nerves. Anyway, felt much better a couple months after having my gallbladder removed. I did not have gallstones, my gallbladder was just not functioning. It was so bad i just felt like I was dying. I hope you get this message. It would twitch a lot under my right ribs.

However, now, I found this site after searching for "chest muscle twitching". I have been having the flopping fish feeling under my skin, right above my sternum. Very very unnerving. different from the gallbladder twitch. But I also live right next to a railroad. Love that mournful sound at 3 in the morning! but what does that have to do with the twitch? btw.... i have a serious scoliosis and i'm nervous that it might be a cause of the pain/twitch. Or else another one of my body parts is malfunctioning and needs removed. Hope it's just a magnesium deficiency.
RailroadSue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote