Thread: Als
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 02:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Als

Hi All,
I am a 50 yr old male.I was diaognized with ALS on April 26, 2011.I sought a second opinion from another nuerologist on May 13, 2011. He did not confirm the disease or discount it. He rather noted the tests that he carried out which returned negative. The tests included lyme disease, but he did mention that I tested positive for lyme igG. My insurance is inactive now but will be activated on July 1 through HMO. I do not know if this lyme igG is significant or not as the nuerologist did not make any mention of it when i visited him for the results. Instead he told me orally that he could not discount the ALS diaognises since he did not find anything in contrary.

I started having difficulty walking and numbness in my hands after I had hurt my right ankle sometime in Fbruary 2011, which then got swollen. But the difficulty walking and numbness continued to progress after the swollen ankle got better. Up till now, no x-ray has been done on the ankle and I still feel a sharp pain when I press the ankle.

I noticed my body tingling sometime in September 2010, but my Dr. said that I may be lacking some vitamins which I bought immediately. I have no problem breathing and swallowing. Please help me.
ookoli is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote