View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi bryanna, I have a question. My sinuses have been really bad. Its my tooth 18, bottom molar on the left side. I'm getting it removed today. Do you think that will solve my problems? Headaches, face feelis like its on fire. After the extraction. Any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Rams,

Well I can see that you've been doing some reading! Good for you!

The procedure to remove the root tip depends on where it is located in your sinuses. The Caldwell luc is considered a very invasive procedure and is typically done to remove tumors or large cysts. Sometimes, the combination of the caldwell luc and transnasal endoscopy can be done which is a bit less invasive because the endoscopy is the primary entry from which the matter is removed.

Generally, a root tip that has been pushed into the sinuses is first monitored with panoramic xrays and then a CT scan to see the exact location and to see if a cyst has developed around the root tip. Sometimes no treatment is needed and other times it is best to surgically remove it. If the root tip ends up with a growth of tissue around it like a barrier, it could block off some of the natural openings in the sinuses causing infection and difficulty breathing through that side of your nose.

If it were me, I would have the area monitored periodically to see if any changes are taking place and also be aware of any symptoms of blockage or infection.

If the root tip is not far up into the sinus, then it may be surgically removed with a minor caldwell luc procedure. But it is imperative that a surgeon who is well versed and well skilled in this type of procedure be sought to do it.

Please let us know what you decide to do........ all the best to you!!

Bryanna
dolphindanny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote