View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 09:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy HELP Need Advice with Mother

Quick background, my mother was dx'd when she was 62 and in 3 years time she is in horrible shape. She has to take her meds every 3-4 hours or else they cause terrible stomach pain. She suffers from frequent panic attacks, almost all of which are based on rediculous fears of various stuff. She has a husband who works 60-70 hours/week and has about 35 hours of private in-home care. She can walk short 10-20' distance but usually confined to the wheelchair.

She swears that her husband has started lacing her apple sauce to make her incoherent and so she'll sign things unknowingly. I highly doubt he would do anything like that and I think it is one of her panic attacks. She wants to call the police to test her apple sauce, which im sure they wont. She doesnt want me to call her husband at all to dicuss her overall care and situation, thinking he'll do something drastic. What is there left to do?? I cant bring her to my home to live there is not room and i just got married 1 week ago...

I also could use any advice on how to get her in a retirement home, how to pay for it, etc and so on...

Thanks,
Steve
brohar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote