View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
Well, you could camp out on the beach, cycle to the marina, bird watch a little while putting you scuba gear on, drop a line for fishing with the new pole you made with your woodworking skills off the edge of the boat, and then dive for a while. That would pretty much cover all your hobbies with the exception of hunting. Now wouldn't that be a perfect day!

I do like to camp and fish as well as snorkel. I haven't been in a while and it doesn't look like I will be doing any this summer. It is fun. Of course, we now sissy camp in the RV. We haven't rough camped in a long time.
Lol...sounds like a plan...except last time we camped on the beach a tornadic thunderstorm threw our shade canopy into the Gulf and filled our tent and sleeping bags with wet sand; it is about 55 miles to the marina from my house; it is 100F outside with a heat index of 105-110F; the boat burned up in a fire during Hurricane Ike in 2008, and the nearest coral reef is about 100 miles offshore at the Flower Gardens. So I spin inside at the gym, watch this old house and the national geographic channel, and fly to the Caribbean to go diving once every 12-18 months.
TXBatman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bets (06-20-2011), Blessings2You (06-20-2011), SallyC (06-20-2011), Vonn07 (06-21-2011)