View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I am looking at Fairpoint, which took over for Verizon in NH, VT and Maine. They are a troubled company who is constantly in hot water with customers, and with regulators, because they were horribly under prepared to take over this giant area, and they were quickly underwater, and over their heads. Their rep has cleaned up a bit since the state stood on top of them and demaded better.

I really wanted to salvage my relationship with Comcast, but 3 years of bad service on top of bad customer service is enough! I pay a great deal of money to have ALL the movie channels. I pay my bill each month before its due, whether i had bad service or good. I am very tired of tech after tech coming to my home and not finding the problem. The make it right team was insulting at best, and to be honest I am just so fed up.

My choices are

Fairpoint with a bundle (they are looking into whether or not they can do DSL on my street) and a bundle with DirecTV for cable. That cuts my bill by well over 50% almost 60 actually.

I can choose to keep the internet here which is a cable line but its $60 per month without anything bundled into it. and then use Fairpoint for phone/TV.

I can choose to keep my phone (which acts badly) thru the internet line, so its no better than magic jack or voip. or I can loose the phone and pick up a magic jack style system and save the money. I already picked up a phone line for my ipod touch thru Skype. I can video call, or voice call as long as I have internet, but it wont use a typical phone line, you would have to view it thru the computer screen or the hand held ipod.

Im upset with MS right now, because I am so easily confused, and lose track quickly of the details we just spoke of. I just want to watch TV! I just want to pick up the phone and have it work! I just want a reliable internet connection that I dont have to be held hostage over.

Those are the only two games in this town. Fairpoint bundle or Comacast bundle. If I can get DSL Im gonna switch. If I cant get DSL I dont know....im confuzzled now. I hate this! I just want my services to work! This is why we picked cable! so we dont have to worry about the signal going out, or dropped calls!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote