View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

We have Cox Cable (Cox Communications? whatever they're calling themselves this week. I have another name for them, but I wont say it here)

They're usually pretty good, but since last fall, the service has kinda sucked. It was blipping in and out a lot over the winter. Finally this spring, they came out and put a temporary (bright orange) cable across my back yard, which really didnt fix the problem. That cable has been there since late March. They havent buried it yet.

It would be nice if they'd come out and bury the cable...the lawn mowing company is starting to get annoyed that they have to keep moving it when they mow.

I had a Tivo box connected to the cable box for awhile, and I canceled my Tivo service last month because the box was starting to die from whatever the cable had been doing to it. (the thing was about 6 or 7yrs old and we were getting tired of paying $13 a month for the tivo on top of cable) I went and got a Cox cable DVR last month. That's been pretty good, except that I cant use the HD channels that we're paying for because there's something wrong with the signal. I can start out watching the HD channel, but about a half hour, 45 mins into a show, the picture will go black.

I just wish Cox would figure out what's wrong and fix the problem so I can watch all the channels that we're paying for. They're great when it works, but it sucks when it doesnt. I'd rather have Cox cable than Dish network tho.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote