View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 04:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Men hurt too!

I have experienced the same in Australia. I could be described the same way - male, large frame and about 6 feet two with a big bushy beard. I have been ignored by the Doctors and in Australia I simply cannot find one who will listen to me about MY CRPS.

Grin and bear it and play the mickey-mouse games doing the psycho-babble courses. They want me to do this for 3 consecutive weeks 9-5 living away from home, not at the hospital but in a divey hotel and walking to and from the hospital (1/2 a mile each way) each day!! If I could do even part of that through this nightmare of CRPS, I would be working!!!!They tell me everyone in any pain says this. I reply I am NOT everyone.

They treat ALL pain the same way - no meds and learn to live with the pain. I did that already as I am sure you all have.

I have a science background and question, question, question but I either get untruths or no answers. Soldier on men (and ladies too) we are all in a deep hole with very steep sides.

It is very disturbing and brings to bear a huge load when you have worked all your life - actually liking your job and then being stuck with the disability pay - wow what a goal to aspire to!

Doctors who know about the condition in Australia are few and far between and after 5 years of this #$@^%, I am in the too hard basket so they listen even less.

Best regards - a fellow sufferer.

Last edited by Auberon; 03-09-2007 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Additional point
Auberon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote