View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 06:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

As someone currently healing from PCS, I can't even imagine watching someone have the emotional issues I'm having from the outside...

I agree with previous posts... I am so incredibly frustrated with everything in my life right now, that it comes out against those trying help me, and I am completely unable to control myself sometimes...

It's like the worst PMS you can imagine, but 24/7 and your brain truly can't control you reactions at times... yet you and those around you are painfully aware of how harsh you treat them...

I hate having to look at my boyfriend after I've snapped at him for something completely unimportant, and say I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to... and then feel horrible because I've said this a million times before. My mom always taught me "sorry" means not committing the offense again. However with my PCS I would swear on a bible that there are times, I can't control the impulsivity or the anger.

I would imagine your husband is well aware of what he is doing, and is horrified at his inability to stop the harsh words or quick comments.... but trust me, if he could help himself, he would.... and not that you want to sympathize with someone who may seem to be unappreciative of all the love and support you and your family are giving him, I would bet that he feels really terrible about it. Keep hanging in there... he'll continue to realize he should be kissing the ground you walk on for putting up with him, =)

I have currently been put on an anti-depressant to try to help curb some of this, and have another appt in a week to address this continuing problem. Perhaps this might help your husband?

Although the neurological symptoms I've experienced have been very debilitating... it has been the emotional issues, anxiety, depression, anger that have resulted from my injury that I seemingly have no control over, that are the hardest to deal with. Because I am normally a very calm, very balanced person.. and right now I feel like I'm completely out of control, and it scares me...

I need the love and support of those around me, and yet my brain continues to try to push them away... it's makes me feel even more helpless...

But I also know, knowing that my boyfriend has stuck by me through this very dark time, makes me appreciate him more and more everyday. It is making us stronger together... and I'm sure will help strengthen you family when all is said and done.
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote