Thread: Weight Loss
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Mike, Figures . . . you guys always have trouble with weight loss while we women usually never do.

It's not only the weight loss but the nutrition loss! Since your primary doctor was useless, why not ask for a referral to a nutritionist? There are probably many things they can do for you. Protein shakes might help. Peppermint has been known to help an upset stomach. I know that Imuran can cause nausea.

You have to eat though! Not only does the body feed off of itself if you aren't eating enough but it can cause damage to many systems in the body, including the heart. You know how people who are anorexic have so many physical problems? Same diff.

Whey Factors has good protein shakes and they are delicious too! Just combine with milk or rice milk. You can thicken them too, in case swallowing is an issue.

http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors...40-g/6691?at=0

What vitamins are you taking? No, I don't think vitamins will make your MG all better. HOWEVER, your body needs nutrients to stay healthy. Having chewable vitamins, even children's, can really help. I simply take more of them to get an adult dose.

There have to be new, inventive ways to get you to eat! Seriously, nutritionists are experts at this stuff. It really helps to talk it over. So, what food do you LIKE to eat? Just get those and pig out earlier in the day when you aren't as nauseated. Maybe there's a way to shift when you take your meds. I'm just tossing ideas out there. I don't think anyone should have to suffer!

I hope you get back to your "fighting weight" soon.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (06-21-2011)