View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 12:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoe22 View Post
I am going into my 8th week of my second sports concussio. I got two concussion a little less then two months apart. Last week they were a little better and I was even able to go out to a together. Since yesterday Sunday they have been back in full force. Aleve, asprain, or tylonol does not give me much relief.

Sometimes it just pain or it may be pain and presure. Have any of you had luck with meds or anything. Let me know what you have tried and have they worked?
Of course, everyone is different. My doctor put me on Nortryptiline that i take at night (because it has sedating effects) and it takes care of my headache most of the day until about 5pm or 6pm and then i take Fiorinal for the headaches, which also works pretty well. The fiorinal has a aspirin, a mild muscle relaxer, and caffeine which is specific for headaches. Some people say to stay away from caffeine but i dont have any at all in my daily diet, so its just the one dose i take in the evening and it doesnt bother me much. Before the nortryptiline, i had headaches all day and they were awful. I feel like i have so much more control now with it. Hope this helps. Make sure you are working with a neurologist who specializes in concussions to understand how to treat these very specific headaches and symptoms. good luck!
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote