View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 09:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pentasa

I personally have begun to ration and change my drugs to avoid the donut hole. My most expensive drug is Pentasa, which runs about $750 a month if I take it full strength, putting me in the donut hole before summer begins. I have actually told my gastroenterologist I plan to wean myself off of it, because it is one of those they can't tell if it really helps or not! On top of that, many people with my medical issues do not take it at all and get by quite nicely. It is also one that the drug company keeps "tweaking" the formula on so that they can get the patent renewed, and keep jacking the price up . . . or I could get it in generic form, as it has been around for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same predicament w/Pentasa. Use Canada from May; however, the drugs get lost or are very much delayed. I want to be able to cut back. Have u been successful in that. The Crohn bloggers say one cannot cut back. My original gastro said I could, but this new guy says, "no". I do not have a severe case and have resisted all other drugs the docs would have me take with great success. I cannot pay $795 a month. If you are still blogging, let me know. Thanks

en
sallyd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote