Thread: thymectomy
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 02:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default thymectomy

So, its been awhile since Ive posted. Ive done ok with using crutches to walk very short distances and Ive adapted to using just a few fingers to do things. My eyes get weak but rest and ice helps........But every now and then I decide I want to live this "normal life" that all the literature talks about and, when its not hot and humid, i try going somewhere or doing something. Nothing big mind you. For example this past weekend there was a band I like that was playing right here in town so I didnt have to travel far at all. My husband parked at door and I used my crutches to walk just a little way to my seat- no steps. The band played for an hour and we left. The next day I was weak as expected but thought rest would snap me out of it. By that night my breathing was labored and now Im on prednisone again. Everytime I have a set back my inlaws push finding another doctor because they've read that most people with MG can live normal lives. We did all that 20 years ago and many dollars later we came back to MG. So my question is: when this first started they checked my thymus and said it looked fine and decided not to take it out since they werent sure I had MG. Now my neurologist says that its too late to take it out. He said it usually should be taken out within the first few years to do any good. Has anyone had success with taking it out later?
draggin' is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote