View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 08:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel ep3 05 View Post
Hey Everyone,

As some of you many already know, I have had knee CRPS for 7 months now and I am scheduled to do a 10 day low dose ketamine inpatient treatment in Germany with Dr. Rohr next month.

Myslef together with my parents are still in the dark about what exactly the procedure really entails and have loads of questions.

Would really apreciate all the information I can get from some of you who have done the inpatient treatment.

Besides the IV inserted into the spinal cord, would they insert anything else into you? Drip? Hart pump? Or anything else?

Would you be able to move during the treatment or will you be totally nocked out for most of it? Would it make sence for my girlfriend or parents to spend the ten days with me or wouldnt I be able to notice they are there?

How do you feel once the treatment is over? Do you need a certain amount of time to recover or for your muscles to start functioning? Will you be able to fly a couple of days after?

Thanks for ANY information/reccomendations I can get to be able to make myslef prepared before and after.

Nigel
I had the 5 day inpatient low dose tx in NYC. This was my experience and remember everyone is different. First- the IV was not put in my spine - I had a pic line that goes in your neck area. all drugs were given thru that line.
I stayed in bed the whole time.. I was not able to get up because the ketamine is very strong.
I did have vistors and I did eat a very little bit and I could hold some conversation. Since you dont eat much if anything the whole time I don't think I pooped until it was over. You have a catheter in for the duration.
I dont remember how long it took me to totally recover but I think it was about a week...any other questions just pm me..Why are you going all the way to Germany. I had it done in Manhatten?

Debbie
debbiehub is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nigel ep3 05 (06-22-2011)