View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face This

controversy has been going on with ADD and CHADD since the late '80s.

example:
http://www.adhd-report.com/adhd/10_ritalin_CHADD_2.html
and
http://www.adhd-report.com/adhd/11_ritalin_CHADD_3.html

I had at one time documentation about a researcher who was censored by
CHADD --- It is lost in the "crash" of '06. I forgot his name, however. If I find
it later (I have to leave now) I'll post it here. He was censored because his studies showed results contrary to the funding $$.

Shire also contributes to the printing of CHADD booklets, and puts them in
doctor's offices. Of course they say "provided by Shire" on them.
Shire makes Adderall.

When attention to other modes of approach are neglected, in favor of the very drugs produced by the funder..one has to wonder.

For example, Dr. Latov's new neuropathy book glosses over nutritional support for neuropathy--but he does say B12 is worth taking. Then he quotes the WRONG dosage... 500mg instead of 500mcg TWICE in the book. That subject gets about 2 paragraphs in a whole book. (sad since nutritional support really works for many people). Very informed I guess he is. However, he did not misspell any drug names in the book! When we see this bias, constantly, and often kept secret, it is aggravating, and angering.

Found it:
http://www.ahrp.org/infomail/04/12/03.php
Quote:
Pelham, who is currently listed by CHADD as a member of its professional advisory board, came face to face with what he says are the group's glaring conflicts of interest. In 2002, after he received the CHADD Hall of Fame Award, he was subsequently interviewed for Attention!, the organization's magazine. In the interview, Pelham said, among other things, that stimulant drugs have serious limitations when employed alone and at high doses. He also pointed out that psychosocial treatments should be the treatment of first choice in ADHD, with adjunctive medication when necessary. But eight months later, after CHADD's board of directors tried to quash the article, CHADD published Pelham's interview - but with large swaths cut out, particularly his comments about the limitations of the stimulants.
There is quite a bit MORE at the ahrp site above!

And for those here who do not know our history--- my son was on Ritalin for 5 years...and by a twist of fate, responded
to essential fatty acids, and some simple support vitamins to the extent he no longer needed the Ritalin. He did much better
after the Ritalin in school and in general, and this was over 10 yrs ago. Since then I have devoted much of my private and
professional time researching to find the truth and validity of natural interventions to prevent illness.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 03-09-2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: adding article:
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote