View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrotexan26 View Post
I have actually never been diagnosed with Chiari but at this point it could be anything. One of my friends who is a nurse suggested maybe vertigo with the woozy drunk feeling in head. What really sucks is the doctors are in no hurry to help. We live about 2 hours away from the nearest neurosurgeon so it's like when I go to the dr I am willing to spend the whole day or days there if I have to if it helps them figure what's going on. As of right now, I only have been diagnosed with Hydrocephalus and it is congenital. At one point one shunt was not enough to drain the fluid, then it stopped working and they said the one was working fine but it could be that it's not enough anymore. I just want some relief. Thanks for replying. I'm still working on finding a dr that will see me. I will not stop bugging them til they make an appt. It's like they want to wait until it's an emergency before doing anything.Sucks!
Chiari is also a congenital malformation. It takes the RIGHT neurosurgeon to detect it on a MRI. Before I found the dr. that diagnosed it another neurosurgeon said my problem was not neurological....he was an idiot in my opinion because a week later I was having brain surgery. Chiari is hard to diagnose but it basically means you were born with a skull not large enough for your brain. Hope you get some relief soon.
res5562965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote