View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 07:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I like rolled bath towels under my neck

Ever since my C3-7 surgery three months ago, I find that it feels best to roll a bath towel and put it under my neck. I also sleep on the floor. I never had to wear a collar, and from I read on the posts, I think I maybe should have had a collar - after all of this time, my pain is not only returning to pre-surgery levels, it is now also on my right side, when it was only on my left side before.

I find walking to be excruciatingly painful - has anyone else experienced that? The surgeon says walking is good - then why does every step hurt so much!? I feel like every bone in my neck and back are being shaken and jarred, even my knees are starting to hurt, probably from the goofy way I walk to try to prevent my neck from jiggling. He also says my range of motion is great - then why do I about scream every time I back out of the driveway? My neck does not want to range that far, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyR View Post
I am on my 4th week after acdf c3-7. I have an aspen (hard) collar 24/7. I could not sleep in my bed, I am a "side sleeper" due to some sleep apnea issues. Last night I don't think I got an hour of sleep. I kept waking up everytime I dozed off. I felt like I could not breath. Started panicicking. I am trying to sleep in a recliner because I found it impossible to sleep in bed. Is there anyone that has had this experience? If so, do you have any advice?
I recently cut down on my pain meds (Norco). last night I tried taking one Norco tab to see if it would relax me. It had no effect.
walshka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (12-22-2013)