View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
Hi all. I had cervical spine surgery 2 weeks ago. The whole procedure went just fine, except for sore throat and swollen neck where the cut was made, I am also experiencing numbness under my chin and same pain and numbness pre ops from shoulder to fingers, he said that will take longtime to disappear. My Surgeon did not gave me instructions on how to behave and what to do during first 6 – 8 weeks after the surgery. He doesn't want me to wear collar brace for he doesn't believe on them.. I’m just wondering if anybody here experienced anything similar, and what you did during first 8 weeks after the surgery. BTW I do drive my car now and do things I normally do in our house except for heavy lifting..Thanks for your comments.
My surgeon doesn't believe in collars either - I am three months from my C3-7 ACDF. At first, I accepted the fact that I might be gradually getting better and that my progress was so gradual that maybe I wasn't noticing it. But it seemed like I was overdoing the work (I work at a computer all day) and housework because I would find myself really suffering after too much computer time or too much cleaning. Gradually my pain has been increasing - and spreading to my right neck and arm (it was mostly my left should and arm pre-surgery) and I am starting to think something is terribly wrong. I go for my third post-op visit tomorrow and I know I have to stand my ground - it hurts a LOT and it shouldn't.
walshka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote