View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 08:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Don't ever give up!!!

Have you considered Lidocaine or ketamine yet? Both have been very effective for me, especially ketamine.

Yes, some treatments are definitely going to wear you out in the short term. Getting better is HARD WORK!!! This stuff is not for the faint of heart. All together I've had over 50 infusions between the lidocaine and ketamine. The veins in my left hand (the ones that haven't collapsed or broken) can't be used anymore for inserting lines because I've got phlebitis so I'll be having a port-a-cath put in my chest soon. My right side has RSD.

But as of this week is my one year anniversary of returning to my FT job!! I made it one year! Ketamine has given me a good chunk of my old life back, and it's awesome! I have to work very hard at it compared to everyone else, and my husband is an enormous help. Where there is a will, you may find a way...

like I said before, don't ever give up!!!

XOXOX. Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigood243 View Post
Dear friends

how i have missed you all and thank you for your well wishes!
i went in the hospital june 3rd with a lung infection. while i was there my new primary care said lets try to take some of this fluid off your abdomen, i have wanted this for a very long time so i said yes! they were able to take 20lbs of the 85 off...but then bad things happened. my potassium and salt dropped dangerously low and my kidneys were messing up. i felt like i had the worst flu ever.
it took them a week to stabilize me. i just got out on saturday night the 19th. i have had a few rough days at home, but feel stronger today.

i have resigned to the fact that this swelling is here to stay and i will just live with it, i am done trying to get rid of it. so pain mgt is all i have and that will have to be enough! i have learned my lesson.

thank you for your prayers and thoughts
Lori

Last edited by SandyRI; 06-23-2011 at 08:58 AM.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote