Thread: I'm back :)
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 08:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink Thank you for the warm welcome back :)

I really missed talking to everyone and have thought of you all very often. I will be back on and off around here because I am dealing with my other health issues right now. I am charging my stim right now so thought I could do a quick post. Mark56 and Saffy, it was nice to hear from you! Sinead, its nice to meet you and welcome to the board, even though you have already been posting I am from the U.S. (midwest). I want to teach elementary school and work with grades 1-3, I also want to help students that have problems with reading. I used to be a reading tutor at inner city after school program but lost my job after the car accident (which subsequently made me end up getting a stim). Our wedding is in October and there is still a lot I need to do but I have not been feeling good so its been hard. Whenever I get stressed out though I always pull out the picture of when we eloped and when I was using the wheel chair and it makes me feel proud and more determined to keep going I am excited though because a couple weeks ago my mom and grandma took me to get a wedding dress and for the first time in a long time I felt beautiful and like a princess! The funny thing though is that my dress is going to show my stim scar on my back (from the latest surgery) but I am not going to cover it up I will proudly show it off because most everyone knows about my stim anyway and its been a part of my life since 08. I would not be graduating or having a wedding if it weren't for my stim so I am really grateful for that! Unfortunately I need to make this post short because they did a ct scan this morning and the dye stuff makes me very sick and causes more problems so I am going to go lay down. I will try to read the board and posts when I can so I can get caught up. Also, if anyone has any questions about the stim experience they can always send me a message and I am always happy to talk about to other people about it Well, take care and I hope you all have a great week. I will be around again soon.

Tara
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (06-22-2011), Rrae (06-24-2011), Sophie_ (06-30-2011)