View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 11:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default post concussion syndrome

hey,
this is my first post so forgive me if i mess up. i'm a 28 year old male who was assaulted 3.5 weeks ago. was placed in a headlock and punched twice in the left temporal and once in the left frontal lobe. i also had no loss of consciousness or post traumatic amnesia. only symptom was lightheadness that lasted 45 seconds. went to the ER. doctor seemed disinterested. said i had a mild tbi. sent me on my way. no imaging. i felt fine that night but a day later i woke up and felt so tired even though i slept 9 hrs. i slept another 6 hrs and still felt tired. as the week went on i noticed i was only sleeping 2 hours at a time and felt fatigued all the time. now i'm onto my 3rd week and i have sleep disturbance. i wake up every hour at night. i am a university student and haven't seen my doctor or neuro yet because i have no time. i've also had to drop 2 courses. its like i'm a zombie. my brain is all fogged up and i'm scared as hell. i have no real history of brain trauma. i was knocked out when i was 3 yrs old for about 5 minutes but thats it. anyone have any suggestions or comments for me? plz reply
confuused905 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote