View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 07:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi to all, its Blondieslp

I want to thank you all for responding to my post. I have to call the Neuro today to let him know how I am doing since he has decreased the prednisone. At first I thought he was taking me off it, but I can see from the schedule he has me on that he is getting me to a every other day dose. I was only on a full dose of 15mg. at breakfast and 15mg. at lunchtime. I will end up being on 30mg every other day. Can anyone tell me how much they take and or if they feel Prednisone really helps? I was feeling pretty good on the full dose but the weakness has come back and I am feeling discouraged. Even on what seems to be a low dose even at 30mg. daily my face was getting puffy. This is an adverse effect I didn't want to see. My Neuro, I don't think is convinced I have MG or that it is another Neuro disorder. I really feel that this is what I have. I had 2 occasions of double vision several years ago and it was chocked up to medication I was on at the time. Then 2 years ago I started with the shortness of breath and weakness in the upper part of my body and right eye lid, hoarseness, voice weakness, choking. In fact, I choke several times a week and have choked on my own saliva and inhaled it into my lungs. I choke on my pills and vitamins. I try to be so careful. Especially if eating in public. I am dizzy alot too and unsteady. I was bumping into things and some days are worse than others. I have lost over 60ibs. Not sure if the Mestinon is causing it but I get very shaky at times. In fact, I am feeling that way right now. The Neuro doc gave me Anaspaz to take for that but I try not to use it. Has anyone tried this? Or had a problem with Mestinon like that? Anyway, enough for today. Please contact me if you have any other help suggestions or answers to my questions. I am trying to being as informed as possible and to know I am far from being alone is of great support to me. I am new to this and I feel the best thing is to get educated as much as possible. Thanks to all, Blondieslp
blondieslp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote