Thread: thymectomy
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 10:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice md View Post
I think that one of our biggest enemies is that illusion of "all MG patients lead a normal life".
The truth is that some do and some don't. Just like with every other illness. There are patients with leukemia that recover from their illness and go on to leading a completely normal life, and others that don't.
It is not because they have bad physicians, or do not truly want to recover. It is because this is the way the illness is.
With all the advances of modern medicine some patients still have a disease that is refractory to treatment.
When this reality is accepted by the physician and the patient, there is a good ground for treatment and supportive care that can improve one's life.
It is unfair of people around you to make you doubt your neurologist just because you don't recover from your illness.
Chasing unrealistic hope can only lead to eventual frustration and disappointment.
Yes! Thank you! I get so upset when I see that in literature. It was probably meant to make us feel better but it really just opens up alot of doubt for us to deal with.
draggin' is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote