View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Stop trying to compare to one another or to your own past. We are all different people after suffering a prolonged set of symptoms from a concussion. Everyone's ups and downs are different.

My best advice is to use hind sight to try to understand the subtle signs of over-doing it. Many times, they are there but do not lead to immediate symptom return.

In other cases. we can look back and realize that we overdid something.

I don't live in fear of triggering symptoms. I just live a much simpler life. The peace from living a simpler life is amazing. Stop trying to keep up with the rest of the world. A recent study pointed out that most everybody is damaging their brain with too much stress.

Do you want to live a life where you die with the most toys?

Or, do you want to live a life where you die leaving a heritage for your family from the many simple memories you have made together?

I find very few of the "Toy Collectors" have a life of peace. They are constantly under stress. They occasionally have moments of sheer excitement with their toys then they return to their life of stress.

I don't look at life as a choice between the glass being half full or half empty. I look at life as living with a glass that is the right size for myself and those I care about.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 06-24-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote