View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Abcessed teeth should always be extracted. So that is good that you had that done. The sinus membrane was probably perforated from the infection and upon removing the tooth, the perforation became larger. Did your dentist give you specific instructions after he removed the tooth? Things like rinse with warm salt water several times a day for a couple of weeks.... do not blow your nose for several days... do not use any mouthwash until the hole is completely closed...no smoking or drinking alcohol as both of these things will prevent the area from healing closed... no drinking through a straw for several weeks....

Swelling would be normal after the removal of an abcessed tooth. The burning sensation could be unrelated or it could have been a sensitivity to the anesthetic that was used. Is there still swelling and/or burning in your face?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr_goodman View Post
i hada tooth pulled about a month ago and the rooh wa in my sinus city. whe they pulled it it was absessed and my sinus membrane ruptured. i was wondering if it is normal for them to pull an absessed tooth? also i he had alot of swelling in the area and in cheek, with a burning sensasion all over my face. is that normal as well?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote