View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 05:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was talking about the side effects of various medications I have tried in terms of symptoms for MS.

side effect(s) of:

Baclofen - muscle weakness, stiffness
Aminopiridine - constipation
Neurontin/Gabapenten - weight gain

I am sure there are more possible side effects for the above pharmaceutical medicines.

With all of the medications I referenced, when asked if they make a difference all I can say is, "I think it is making a difference. I am conservative with the cannabis. If I think I feel something, I do not draw another breath from the tube.

I have backed off of two, baclofen and gabapentin. I am substituting MMJ in place of baclofen and I am going to see about taking out more prescription drugs.

The less I pay to Big Pharma, the better I like it. I like the idea of medicating with a plant rather than a chemical.

But MMJ has a certain amount of side effect...depends on when/how I use cannabis. Using the vaporizer, the effect is more immediate. I can feel a difference. An indescribable "high" that helps with the spasms but does not make me a blithering idiot. That state of being does not last (approximately 20 minutes. DH and I can carry on conversations and although he is funny, he is NOT THAT FUNNY so I do not laugh manically) and although I am still aware of THC in my system, everything is "normal."

At bedtime, it is a relaxing thing. I take Ambien for sleep aid. Maybe MMJ can be the substitute. I just do not want to eliminate all my drugs all at once. There is no hurry.

I was given Turkish Delight and Blackberry Kush. A couple buds of each. Funny thing is that the benefactor did not ask the grower which was which and even though the grower did respond saying Turkish Delight is darker, both look the same.

The director at the cancer clinic had encouraged edibles, the digestive process allows the THC to last in the nervous system longer.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (06-24-2011), SallyC (06-24-2011)