View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 12:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Marion I always used the oral Prednisone, then went to the IVSM years later.

I found they upset my tummy too. So I wrapped each prednisone pill in a little bit of American cheese to make a tiny ball. if I had ten pills of 10 mg each I had ten tiny cheese balls on the table. I took one at a time with water. I let the water wet the cheese ball just a enough to swallow and go down to the the tummy. Then take another.

this way they don't melt of fast on in your mouth or on the way down where they can cause pain. It is easy and works great. You could use any soft cheese or even fresh soft bread. Just cover the pill well inside rolling it in your fingers.

I would start with about 100 mg for a few days, then 80 for a few and down the line. I did it for two weeks going down to 5 mg even. Take them early so you can sleep. They may make you sleep on and off anyway. Just getting four hours at a time. But they work.

They are many oral steroids.The dosages and way to take them are different, like DECADRON* (dexamethasone tablets), etc. Even Cortisone.

I hope you feel better my dear, they take time to work sometimes. Or they work fast. You never know. Take Potassium foods like bananas, yogurt, potato, etc., when you take steroids.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (06-25-2011)