View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 04:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Suzy fell and broke her wrist. We were several miles from home in New Jersey visiting my sister. We took her to the hospital in which they wanted to admit her but she refused and ask them to set her wrist and we will see the doctor near Washington. A few weeks later her doctor explained that the wrist did not set correctly and needed to be re-broke and set. Our lives have not been the same sense.

From her wrist the RSD spread to her neck, other arm, both feet, ankles, up near her knees. For the first two years she never told me about RSD and kept it secret. She was not getting proper treatment and was passed from one doc to the next. Her health insurance and employer were giving her a very hard time. I then got involved when she informed me of what was going on. I fought tooth and nail with employers, doctors and insurance companies in which 2 major companies told me they never heard of RSD or CRPS. I picked up Insurance from my employer almost 4 years after her injury. What is still a mystery is the doctors reacted immediately, using my coverage, with gusto, however that is another story. So, her treatment started late in her disease allowing it to progress to the point where treatment can be limited or remission just is not possible. She is now on total disability. However, she gets up and about, sometimes more than me because she needs to move. Also there is always that chance this RSD can burn itself out. Rare, yes but does happen.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote