Thread: Mri report
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 11:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justmean69 View Post
Could someone help me translate my mri this is what it says evaluation is complicated by motion artifact. Thoacolumbar dextroscoliosis is noted with lower lumbar levoscoliosis vertebrae demonstrate normal height and marrow signal. L1-2 L2-3 L3-4 L4-5 level no herniated nucleus pulppsus or significant central spinal canal stenosis. The neural foramina appear essentially patent. L5,S1 level 2 millimeter posterolisthesis of l 5 on s 1 suggest some underlying instability. loss of disc height and hydration with large broad based disc herniation affecting ventral epidural fat and producing bilateral lateral recess stenosis with compression of rights s 1 nerve root. herniation extends imferiorly from disc space level by approximately 6 millimeters consistent with extrusion. Neural foramina are narrowed bilaterally. post tramatic etiology cannot be excluded. The conus medullaris and paraspinal case you appear un remarkable.
You have a rather large herniation at L5-S1 probably causing compression of the nerve roots that would appear to additonally be causing possibly more or less some instability issues at the same level. My guess is that assuming that you have a qualified spine surgeon that you are dealing with, as one of the possiblities he may suggest an L5-S1 discetomy with possible fusion of the same (should the instability be considered significant). But maybe not, depending on your clinical findings. There are other short term pain-management avenues to address as well and consider.

If you are absolutely miserable and worsening neurologically, then you probably stand a good chance at improving your current status with surgical consideration. Talk heart to heart with your doc!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote