Thread: Muscle fatigue
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 02:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Capricorn1, are they having you do standard cookie cutter PT plans & strengthening before the symptoms are resolved???
Have you tried other PT places that might have more advanced therapists?
They should not be trying to strengthen until symptoms are greatly reduced or resolved.Do they do any passive modalities for you at all? like ultrasound IF stim or other electric stimulation ( low settings -nothing that makes your muscles tighten up, just a gentle buzzing that should feel good) low level laser is great for trigger points and specific spots of pain
massage bio feedbackposture work
I have had acupunture, Peter Edgelow, regular PT, chiropractric, botox, and very few massage. Had lots of EMGs for diagnostic purposes that actually felt good when hitting the trigger points. I'm not sure what you mean by ultrasound, is that for treatment purposes? I have neurologic, venious, and vascular TOS, right side rib resection in 2009 with some relief of major symptoms. I did notice what started as a bright red mark on my neck (right side) that now looks like a bruise or hickey. It throbs a little, my face is pretty red, and major headache. My guess is that it is related to this latest round of PT. They sent me home on Wednesday to rest.I was hospitalized with a DVT in 2010, so now I am wondering if this is something that I need to consult a doctor about. Its not throbbing so much today but the purple mark is still there. I am supposed to go tomorrow again, but having serious doubts if I should. This is a workmans comp issue by the way.
What do you think my course of action should be? I really appreciate your help on this. I feel lost and confused.
Capricorn1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-15-2011)