View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 06:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hypoglycemia, hypotension, muscular dizziness

Hi, I have 18 out of 30 genetic defects tested and think I have most of the
genes of autism. I have spent my whole life feeling like the Red Queen constantly running just to stay in place. I take 42 supplements / day and counting, but no drugs. I am very sensitive to chemicals so I never take medications. I have many genetic defects in the methyl cycle (such as CBS++), in the neurotransmitter biochemical pathways (such as COMT ++) and in the ornithine cycle (I cannot make sufficient BH4). I have 3 genes that cause high blood pressure. I have extremely high blood pressure untreated and spent about 9 months with b.p. so high I was afraid a sneeze would cause a stroke before I found a protocol that worked reliably to keep it down. Then it went up again and I discovered after some time that I had a UTI and that will cause a high b.p. if you have the genes for it. The UTI went away when I discovered I was over treating my Vitamin D Receptor genetic defect so lowed my vitamin D dose to get my urinary ph correct. Then you would think I could rest but - no! allergy season came and I have terrific allergies and this year flonase (my only drug) would no longer work, so I started taking high dose 9g/day fish oil to prevent IL-1B (but this does not prevent the histamine which floats around and caused --- HYPOTENSION and HYPOGLYCEMIA!!) All month I have been eating salt like crazy and still having these problems. I am beside myself from being jittery and also it seems anxiety and depression is going along for the ride with these symptoms. Allergy season is over in a week but if it exhausted my adrenals I have no idea how quickly they can recover. Does anyone know about use of P5P in such a situation? I am taking 150mg as it seems I am short of breath like anemic, but 150 is not helping. I read a few places that autistic kids need to take high dose p5p. I only know at ANY time if I take less than 70mg I get short of breath and light headed (anemic) and I've pretty much been taking 100mg my whole life (entire life - forever). I have been self medicating since I was 12 and my Mom did it before that. I just really could use a little help now and then. It just seems like the burden to figure this all out is too much and especially when I am feeling anxiety. Thanks for any help. Also, has anyone ever seen a P5P pill with dose higher than 50mg?

Mad
madanthony is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote