View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 07:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default re: New and don't know what to do

I agree with the post that listed several places to check out to see if you could get your hubby diagnosed proberly. Perhaps making an appt. to a neurologist first might help. Depending on the city you live in, there's usually transportation for those who don't have automobiles. Check with your bus company. Here where we live, there is what's called "Dial-A-Ride" where you can call the bus company,and arrange for a ride (to and from the place you want to go ) for a small fee. Check it out
Is your husband a veteran of the service? Often Veteran's affairs office has free transportation for its veterans. Another place is to call your local Welfare office, they might be able to direct you to places that offer rides for people who don't have transportant. Do you possibly have a friend or another relative that could help you ? How do you get to the store ? If you want to get this diagnosed properly, move heaven and earth to get this done. Obviously this isn't anything to separate from a spouse over, unless there's other reasons as well......
Often finding out the problem can prevent FURTHER PROBLEMS down the road. HAD my DH( dear Hubby) who is now deceased been diagnosed in early childhood, the SEVERE seizure disorder he was diagnosed with at age 25 could have been controlled with proper medication ( this is a direct quote from the neurologist we took him to.....not my opinion ! )

If nothing else, due to the fact that you have internet access.....find out things there. Put "Free or Low cost tranportation in _____"( fill the blank in with your City and State).
Trying to find a answer to a problem sometimes isn't easy...but there is an answer out there...just continue to look!!

Keep us posted here.....let us know what you find out

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMoreta View Post
My husband has some kind of neuro issue, shakes all the time. not hard enough to see but can feel it when i hug him(this has been going on a couple years). He also has a staph infection(he isn't diabetic that was one of the things the doc checked) in his foot that the doctor thinks has gone all the way to the bone. we have no car and no one that will take us anywhere. if it can't be done in town or online it doesn't get done.

up till week before last his mom was taking him to the doctor but now she won't went off and cussed him out because it was cutting into her days off work. so he's not going to the doc anymore and WON'T go.

We have two daughters. ages 11 and 14. it's pretty much come down to a choice of making him leave or watching him die, and i dunno what to do.
JA1717 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote