View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Sounds like the IVIG....

is maybe working? Sure hope so... So what if his 'feeling' that it's working is psychological...WHO CARES? It's viable only if it's working and keeps on working. At the price this precious STUFF costs...well, IF'n it doesn't work, he won't get more.. There are tests, blood tests and the neuro tappa-tappa's and other things that help determine it all. Blood tests should nearly always be done after the first couple of rounds either the day before or exactly right before infusions are given..at the low point before one is re-charged. Read up on the Gammiagard Baxter meds brochure on web sites... Some blood normals change due to the extra work the liver and rest of the renal system have to do because of the infusions. Read up on the various 'Multifocal Motor Neuropathy' boards and get a handle on how folks using this product both react and respond to IVIG. It's an eye-opening experience, and one that folks w/many other conditions speak on as well. They do it far, far more eloquently that I ever could.

MOST IMPORTANT tho, is that he IS getting some response, that response is positive and that [I WILL SAY] HE'S DURNED LUCKY TO GET IT! Some folks have to wait several months to get it and live in total misery. How often and for how long he gets it will be up to his docs... Some of us have greedy bodies, others can get by w/it every 3-6 months..some need it every 3 weeks. It's a time-killer for sure, but, [can only speak for myself here] all other appointments revolve AROUND MY INFUSIONS! I could be asked to meet the president or the pope, but NO WAY if it were on my infusion days..It's kind of like: OOPS? You want us to get 'married' WHEN? Humm...no can do on those days! I don't think I'm the only IVIG person thinking that way...

Feel free to PM me w/any questions tho..Most stuff I'd like to keep open on the boards tho, as more folks need to know what IVIG can and can't do.

Hugs to you and Alan for the duration...BTW, when does he come home? - j

BTW: Just finished my '2-day round' for this month...I've gotta get busy and get lots done before it wears off!
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote