View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Surgery side vs. nonsurgery side update

I seem to be making progress on both sides. My flexibility is gradually improving and I'm noticing more veins in both of my hands that weren't there before, so I'm assuming my circulation is improving, which is a good thing. Also, as the pockets of tension get smaller, my pain level is starting to drop a little bit, but it varies from day to day, of course.

On the surgical side I used to get a lot of burning and redness on the right side of my face, my neck, my right ear, and my forearm and hand. It was pretty painful and uncomfortable. In the beginning, the stretching made that a lot worse but it was just something I had to deal with. That seems to be improving a lot though. It did happen about a month ago when I stretched my neck too hard, but if I'm careful it's not too bad.

The nonsurgical side is still tighter than the other side. I have some pain that starts under my arm and goes down the inside of my elbow, but it has really improved a lot from the stretching and joint mobility exercises. Also, this arm doesn't go overhead as easily. If I reach too much, I can feel a pulling sensation in the left side of my neck. I'm assuming that's where the nerves pass through the scalenes. I have to be kind of careful doing overhead movements or I end up twanging the nerves.

After this many years, I have no idea how much I can improve from this, but I plan to just keep chipping away every day and see what happens.
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote