View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 12:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCB View Post
Thank you for the replies - Jo*Mar, what you say about the nerve blocks is very encouraging and gives me a little hope (not easy these days).

The C7 are indeed longer than the T1 - I was told it was 'minimal' and looking on the x-ray to me it looks like a good few mm but it's hard to say as the x-ray quality is very poor.

They are elongated on both sides but the right is slightly bigger plus my neck curves to the right which makes it worse too. I can actually feel a 'click' of what feels to be bone on bone in my right shoulder, around that area... that can't be right can it?

This happens when I wake up in the morning and when I have been sat typing or crocheting etc.

I'm wondering if this small problem is agrravating my tight shoulders and they in turn are crushing some nerves... with any luck something like a nerve block could help with diagnosis?

CindyCB

My understanding from talking to my doctor is that the primary cause of TOS is something called perineural fiberous. which is very small, otfen to small to see on an MRI. The other common causes listed (which are easier to see on imaging) are often really secondary causes that only start to be a problem when you have the first problem.

Essentially the perineural fiberous is scar tissue around and in your nerves has had abnormal nerve growth into it. This cause your nerves to not be able to move normally and causes them to be stretched when they should not be,

That say, any nerve blocks offered can help isolate problems, it a good idea to do them.

In my case, the ortho though my reflex problems (in my hands) were from the spine (on exam before an MRI) but the reflexes became normal after a special brachial plexsus block. The neck MRI was pretty normal, just small nerinations typically of middle aged spines.

In my low back the spine nerve blocks made it really clear what the three causes of my low back pain were. My spine is pretty crumbled there so it's helpful to know what exactly is causing the problem
lisa_tos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote