View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm trying tokeep busy. Just going with the flow of life Lara. I work 50 hours a week at 3 jobs. (40 + 6 + 4). Plus I am an audio book 'reader' and the stories keep my mind occupied while I work. But there is not a day that goes by that I do not think about it at least a dozen times.
I'f I'm alone, and something captures my attention that associates with a memory, I begin to have a 'moment' and begin to cry. She was a freind to me when I was in my 20' and 30's, and in the last years of her life I was hers. She would confide in me, cry on my shoulder, and tell me things that she would not tell her husband ( my step-father ). There was that certain trust between us. I had her for 43 years. It is still hard for me to accept at times. I have not gone this long without speaking to her. No more than 3 weeks would pass by without us talking.
I recieved a letter today from a caretaker at the nurseing home where she was, who had spent a lot of time with her. She told me of their relationship, and befreinding my mother. and their talks. I cried reading it.
She was a fighter who survived MANY a heartache in life. The BEST teacher that I ever had. Who taught me so much about life that I would have never learned from school. And above all else, she was the appitomy of how a lady should be. She was a true lady indeed. And the first woman whom I had ever loved.
It is my and mywifes duty now to tel our girls who are now 3 and 5, about her, and who she was.
sassenach41 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (07-02-2011), Lara (06-29-2011)