View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 04:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is to Septmystic, My name is loretta, and I have had RSD 10 years-full body now. I live is in Scottsdale, AZ There is a Mayo Clinic here, close to where I live. A friend of mine worked there and with 5 Drs. studing ketamine and RSD. Dr. Swartzman was one of the Drs. I for get the other names. One went back to Germany where they allow patients to under go a 5 day coma under ketamine. FDA allows ketamine doses less than that I believe for three days. Australia has been doing this procedure for some time. Swartzman I believe came from Australia. Any Dr. Swartzman and a 2nd Dr. from the Mayo ketamine trials are now at the Hershey hospital in Penn. I called but got no return call. I've heard there is a long wait list. The results vary , but are not permanent. Hope you can find help soon. I know this pain gets real old. I use music therapy, my cat, long soft fur and she loves to snuggle with me in bed. I love reading. This forum is wonderful to not only be able to express our thoughts but listen to others share their pain and disipair and their knowledge and encouragement and just enduring. I try to exercise daily, in the summer swim every day. I belong to a health club with indoor pool, I just haven't been able to get the energy to get there. It's only 1/2 mile away. Hope you find a Dr. soon. Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dd in pain (08-09-2011)