View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Patrica,
Sorry to ehar of the ehalth and pain issues, one I have battled with family and myself many, many years.
The medications and drunk look I can associate to. My family member is only 29 injured as a young teenager. The Klonpin, and some cobinations of meds...like the recent added trazadone to sleep and mood, make them really look under the influance and they think they are normal also.

We have found sometimes reducing the dose to half or less and increasing over several weeks or months has helped. Some meds, it is tolerance and as you get use to them the effecs lessen.

About the golf ball, under my jaw, in the enck I did have a stone. At first it was hard to diagx as it moved. But then would lodge and abcess. Finally in 1993 I had the worse blocage and pain. I drooled, too painful to swallow as it made more salive press in the blocked area.

You mentioned a neck injury, has you husband had pain to his arms hands, tingling, falling asleep, eye droop, Knife in the upper back feeling.
Another problem possibly, lumph nodes not draining. There are a lot of neuro and vasculkar bundles in the neck area. Behind the collar bone and in front of the first rib, is a tiny outlet all these bundles try to fit. If an injury happens and they are compreessed a lot of painfull symptoms come out.

Often there is scaring from soft tissue and nerve injury. These things do not regenerate, but die and cause grayish white mater much as adhisions to attach to nearby structures including nerves.
Also, "knots" can develope from muscle spasms to areas injured. A nerve is inflamed from injury and the muscle near it reacts by creating a protective brace or splint, creating knots of spasmsm.

one med I used was topomax, a small dsoe increased to 100 mg, to help with pain and prevent my head pains.
My family member is on Duregeisc patches after a 12 year battle of pain.
I hope that you can find a doctor to resolve many of the pain issues and this passes. Long term chronic pain is not fun nor yours wither.
A good pillow, I use a soft feathery one I can tuck up under the chin, others use a good quailty of tempupedic one.

Biofreeze rub, ice on the back of my neck, about the trap areas too.
Oh, was he in a whiplash type neck injury.
Be well,
Dianne
DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote