View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

My eyes have always been sensitive to bright light. I am severely myoptic too. So I wear Eagle Eyes sun glasses driving (over 10 yrs now). And I have transition lenses for everyday brightness.
BluBlockers and Eagle Eye sun glasses change the blue wavelengths of bright light, and help with focus. The blue in bright light may not focus completely on the retina due to its wavelength and cause a blur result. BluBlockers tend to make things orange, but the Eagle Eyes do not. Both my hubby and I use one or the other driving, and they make it much less tiring. They also work well on foggy overcast situations.
http://www.eagleeyes.com/technology/lens.lasso
They are pricey but very very good. I think you might like them.
(Amazon has them less $$ than the website)

One can have optic neuritis associated with low B12 levels, too.

It might be a good idea to use the special formulas made for vision. Like Preservision vitamins. They contain antioxidants and zinc.

Since you've already been to the doctor about this, all you can do is try the supplements for the retina and sunglasses.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 06-28-2011 at 07:42 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote