View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 09:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Learning about my heath

Hello I am Mavin
I have been diagnosed with Hashimotos (August 2010) and b12 Deficiency (about the first week of May 2011) In 2002 I had L-4, L-5, S-1 Fusion with stabilization bars surgery. In July of 1993 I shattered C-7 (I am lucky I walked to the car and came out of it with only some numbness in left thigh and a plate in the front)
My first b12 level was 241 after a week of daily and then once a week for four weeks then I was to go to monthly. After the second week I noticed my body not digesting food again my hair falling out again some fatigue but the burning oh man the burning! It wasnt too bad for a few more days but I called anyway to my P.A. I wanted a shot! We did levels again and I was at 307 so they are making me wait. Today for the past three days the burning and pain has taken over again! Its so bad at night. I was feeling so normal and the burning was gone! My physicians assistant care taker says they want to bring my levels up slow.
I want to make an appointment to understand what can help at home. However my understanding is that serum levels can be deceiving and IF I was to get a shot and it helps it is needed and my body just needs it on a different schedule or a slower back of off with the nerve issue if we dont stop it this will be permanent and oh man no way...
Thought? Comments? Help?
Mavin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote