View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 10:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

What do you do? Is the nature of your job strenuous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinEyesMs305 View Post
Longboarder-

I want to second the previous post! Take it slow!!! Both in terms of physical recovery and mental/cognitive recovery!

I was in a car accident in which I experienced bad whiplash and a concussion. (No vomitting, no immediate loss of conciousness, but in and out for an hour in the ER). I followed up with my primary care a few days later on a Friday and told him to return me to work that Monday. It got worse over the weekend, so I had him put that on hold.

Here I sit 5 months later! Although I did not return to work physically, I did work from home and tried to "push through" the symptoms. BIG MISTAKE!! After 3 weeks of that and drastically worsening symptoms, I went to a neurologist who has had me at home doing nothing ever since. At 4 months out, I tried to return to work, but after 3 days my symptoms were back full force.

Long story short, DON'T RUSH your recovery. I believe those first 3 weeks where I tried to push through, are what have me sitting here 5 months later.

Just remember, the adage "No pain, no gain" is the WORST thing you can do for your head injury!

Wishing you a speedy recovery and better days ahead
lindberg711 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote