View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 03:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmelTurner View Post
thanks for bearing with me Aarcyn*

**edit

My name is carmel turner i have received AHSCT treatment for MS. This procedure is covered under medicare (my total costs were $800). It involves chemo therapy to totally destroy the immunity system and from previously harvested stem cells....regrow your new bone marrow from scratch. In doing this my immunity system was effectively rebooted. As you can imagine the treatment was very intense. This is nothing like the procedure that you get from scam operators in europe/china/south America

I can though say that before treatment i was constantly declining from a very aggressive form of MS. I was only diagnosed for 3 years and was already in a wheel chair after having an attack every 6 weeks until treatment. Since november last year i have not had one attack. I no longer in pain 24/7. I no longer have any issue with heat. I was unable to take one step without holding onto a four wheeler walker , i now can walk about 1km without aid. even if it is a slow stumble it is still brings me to tears just to walk with my daughter to the local park.

**edit

Carmel turner*
Hello Carmel - Wow, I'm considering something like that from a "scam operator from South America". I was diagnosed in 96' declining much slower than yourself not really having attacks and fortunate not to have any pain or eye complications. I've declined drugs from the start but am starting to think this stem cell stuff is something controlled and kept from us in the US by big Pharm / Medical Industry. You said Medicare paid for this so you a in the US? You believe pretty much all testimonials on Stem Cell Therapy for MS is not true? Congrats on your success! If you have time you further thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks - Mark
Mark Sulzman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-28-2011)