View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all for the interest on helping me diagnose. I would be happy to answer the questions, as I too am always looking to try to figure it out... More-over this post is how to deal with the frustrations with doctors, and the process in general. If you have additional advice on that aspect, please let me know what you have done, or are doing that helps when fighting the issue of getting a diagnosis.
@Glenntag - when I read through these boards, you are absolutely a wealth of respected knowledge. To answer your questions:
--has suggested a celiac/gluten sensitivity possibility yet?
Yes, my primary suggested that gluten may be an issue. While I've had this issue for 5 years, it really flared 3 years ago. My mother needed a place to stay so I let her move into my spare room. She took over the cooking chore to help out around the house, and she put us all on a diet. We at the following: Breakfast: Oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of benefiber added; Morning snack: lettuce & turkey lunch meat wrap (nothing added - turkey & lettuce, rolled) Lunch: white meat, green vegetable, whole grain rice with butter; Afternoon Snack: Sliced apples or celery & tablespoon of peanut butter; Supper: white meat, green vegetable, and whole grain rice; Evening Snack: Blueberry and Pineapple smoothie (skim milk 2 packets splenda & ice + frozen Blueberries) Also throughout the day we would drink 8 - 8 oz glasses of water (or more) and max of 1 cup of coffee.
We stayed eating this way for 6 weeks and then I realized the fiber intake was actually making me more sick, and I stopped. I'm not sure if the fiber just made my intestine more active, causing the negative issues to happen more frequently or if it's an issue with fiber itself (hence the reason I went to the allergist - but with no luck) Eating breads and carbs/sugars of all kinds make me happy, and don't have a negative impact on my digestion.
At the very least they should do blood titers for anti-gliadin IgA and IgG, anti-transglutaminase IgA, and total IgA (this last test, if it show overall low levels of IgA, may indicate skewing of the other test results). I've had a few blood tests lately, when the doc read the results he said all my levels look fine, except that my iron is low. That's not news to me. I have had low iron all my life. All my life it has been recommended I take a daily iron supplement. I don't because I don't care to take an unnecessary pills daily. (Low iron does not debilitate me from daily life, the only negative is I can't give blood at the blood drive, and even then, sometimes I can because I pass - so I usually still try<or used to before the last 3 years that is>) So my doc's recommendation is to take a multivitamin, and exercise more. I've even been trying to take the multivitamin more regularly, as the additional iron will help with the fatigue symptoms I'm sure, and well I like to keep working - so I'll do it. I just don't think that is the answer to my issue, and it feels like my doc has stopped looking. That's not okay with me.

And have you been thoroughly investigated for autoimmune disorders (lupus, Crohn's)?I'm not sure how "thoroughly investigated" I have been. I have been following the doctors lead on this, and doing what I can on my own side with research. I looked into the Crohn's symptoms and lupus right up front (I saw a commercial regarding Crohn's & my cousin has lupus) and I didn't really have the same symptoms as described for these two issues/diseases. It seems to be in the same vein, just not the same issue - if that makes sense. So I never discussed these with my doctor, as I figured they would bring them up if that were a consideration - to me they seemed the most obvious at the surface.
abbyrition is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
trish33 (12-18-2018)