View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

@JA1717
If you are seeing a primary (general practioner ) I would suggest seeing a internal medicine Dr. Or an endocronologist. Thank you for this suggestion. Can you tell me why you would suggest this? I just don't know much about the specialization.

Have you been tested for low blood pressure, or diabetes ? yes, most of my family has issues with diabetes, so every time I have a blood test I check my sugar levels. My blood pressure is normal, except when I have my pain days. I get BP spikes when I'm feeling the issue strongly.
Some of your problems may stem from hormonal issues. Have you had a FULL( complete ) exam by a gynocologist? Some of these symptoms sound like pre-menopausal symptoms to me. Many symptoms sounded like that to me too, so it was discussed at length with my gynecologist after and during several difference tests. The conclusion: I and my cycle are completely normal for me and am not pre-menopausal at all. There is a (non-female related) issue causing the hot flashes, as stated by my gynecologist. We did every woman test possible before she did the laproscopy as last choice to attempt to find anything causing my symptoms.
Perhaps a change of anti-depressants should be in order. There are several different kinds of course. I am not on antidepressants, nor do I wish to be. I was only on the Cymbalta for 2 months, and it was for the pain inhibiting feature of the medication. Though the mental features surely helped me work through some of the situational depression regarding my undiagnosed issue.
You comment that the hot flashes aren't related to any "usual" female concerns. How do you know that ? Has a Dr.told you this ?See above regarding your hormonal question.
Have you had your gall bladder out ? No, I did have a hidascan and it came back functioning at 15%, which is on the low end, but my Gastrointeroligist did not feel that was the cause of my issues, and decided since it is still in the normal range for function we would leave it in.
Have you seen a Ortolaryncologist (Ear /Eye/Nose & Throat Dr.)? No, can you tell me why you would suggest this? My problem and symptoms seem to go with outbound, not inbound...
Perhaps a daily IRON tablet, a mulitvitamin, might help you.My doctor suggested this, and I am taking one. It does not affect my issue or symptoms.
This might sound "crazy" to you, but how many times do you eat per day ? If you are only eating 1 or 2 times per day, your metabolism is either non-exsistent,or really sluggish. In other words, eating 5-6 small meals per day (with at least 6 glasses of water ) would help you to lose weight, and might make you feel better. I am not interested in losing weight. My doctor is interested in me losing weight, and focused on this instead of assisting me with my issue. I understand metabolism, and my own has slowed. I don't have a problem eating, I have a problem with portion control. When it was suggested my diet may be contributing to my health issues, I moved to a vegetarian lifestyle. This causes me to focus specifically on what and how much I eat to ensure I am getting all of the appropriate nutrition, all while avoiding meat. I work an 18 hour work day (with drive time) for 3 days in a row. I must eat small meals often to keep my energy up to continue through the long day. When I am home from work, I don't eat as often or as well, but most likely still healthier than the average American. I also use an app on my android phone to track calories - not for losing weight, but for the health aspect, and I find that stuff interesting. So could I do better - sure, who couldn't? But I'm certainly not doing horrible.
Continue to seek an answer....you never know when someone might help you Thank you! I am always on the hunt.
abbyrition is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote