View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 06:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
I'd question if a sharp burning pain is actually impingement pain.

Throughout the course of my journey, I've had two types of pain:

1) TOS Pain: Burning pain on the scap, under armpit, in tricep area.
2) Shoulder Impingement Pain: More of an "ouch" when I make certain movements.

I'm pretty sure that my impingement situation contributed towards my TOS. I was overtrained and tight in all the wrong places This contributed towards a forward posture and a classic case of "upper cross syndrome." This is why I originally thought I had a shoulder injury that required surgery. I had pain if I did pressing of any kind and forward dumbell raises.

Correcting the impingement situation has helped my TOS. I've focused on the following exercises:

* External rotation
* Scapular depression movements
* Rows
* Pec minor stretching

Of course, none of this helped my TOS. I went over a year trying to correct shoulder problem and did nothing for my neck. It wasn't until I started stretching the scalenes, doing boytos foam roller/chest breathing, chin tucks, and corner stretches did my TOS start really improving as well.

KY

The pain i get feel like its coming from the middle of the shoulder, feel like someone is putting a needle in it and taking it out. really sharp pain .
I went away for a few weeks and now its back after i had a week of heavy training and yard work. Still i havent been doing any anterior excersies at all, no chest no rear or side delts.

My TOS pains are improving alot, and all of the symtpoms seem to be gradually diminishing, but this shoulder pain is really anoying.

what exactly do you mean by External rotation? and scapular depression?
hellothere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote