View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 09:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I too would say do not worry about that. I have had to change or switch back & forth to different meds many times, with the long-acting because my body would build a tolerance. As for the short-acting, I could not survive without my SOMA, either & the insurance has tried many times to say that it is not needed for RSD/CRPS....I wish they could get this to find out how well they would do without it. I also use NORCO for pain which works great for me & without the side effects so many others have. I took Morphine for years but I switched out of it about 8 months ago & now use the Fentnyl patch for long-acting & am much happier with it. However, as I have found with all long-acting's I have been on, none of them work as long as they promise & I find that the short-acting is what saves me.
Washington State recently passed a Chronic Pain Bill that has capped the amount of pain meds our doctors can prescribe to us if we do not have cancer.....YES, they word it just like that. Cancer pain & everyone else with NON-CANCER related pain. Us NC patients are now subjected to more consultation with yet more doctors (like we haven't seen dozens already) to get the correct dosages to allow us to live a somewhat functional life. So, as it said in the previous reply....don't worry about what meds, just worry about if you will be able to get your doctor to prescribe the dose you need to control it.
DarlaDaniels is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-09-2015)