View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 06:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think that it can result for many reasons.

I have RSD in all both arms and legs, but it started in right foot so it is worse there. Last week and the weeks before, I was capable of moving all of my toes on that foot. Just Monday or Tuesday, they wanted me to move my toes and I tried really hard to move them and I realized that I couldn't. I could still feel all of my toes and the therapist was able to move them but I couldn't hold my toes up or down or do anything with them. The therapist seemed kinda worried, but she said okay thats good. Then she wrote it down and said she would be right back and she told my other therapist. That kinda worried me a little bit. Then 3 of my therapist had me try it when i went to their sesssion and i still couldn't do it. They had me try it again today (Friday) and I finally asked my pt why I couldn't move them and if I ever would be able to and she said it can be for a few reason:

It can just be weakness (she doesn't think that in my case though since I could do it before) or from pain but that isn't it or it could be atrophy or nerve damage (she is leaning towards atrophy ). She never quite answered if I ever could move them again or not. If it is atrophy or nerve damage, I already kinda know the answer

RSD sucks.
nikmcjo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote