View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I am working to get a TBI Trust Funbd started in idaho. Along with this will be an attempt to get a provision where attorney's and insurance companies have standards to follow in the case of brain injuries that are diagnosed as long term or lifetime disabilities. My friend had 40% of his settlement taken by his attorney.

My hope is that the defending insurance company is liable for the injured legal costs and fees if the insurance company acts in bad faith or with aggressive defense of their liability.

Add to this a provision that the injured's attorney is limited to a smaller fee in those cases where the max pay-out is determined to be less that the total damages to the injured. In the case of lifetime TBI , mTBI or even PCS symptoms and disabilities, a $300,000 or $500,000 max payout is not even close to the needs of the injured person.

With the paltry disability payments received from SSDI, the income lost over a lifetime can easily exceed a million dollars. The 20 years of my reduced income from 46 to 65 would be more like $1.5 to $2 million after accounting for the SSDI income.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jinxicat9 (06-29-2011)