View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default no real changes from doc

The doc has asked I not reduce sinemet further until I finish the next phase of ongoing divorce. I seem not to be consciously bothered but I'm having nightmares about ex so obv I'm stressing. I started getting diskinesias again in the evenings after 3 weeks at this reduced level. Backing off 1/4 of a 25/100 sinemet brought back the debilitating cramps, hip injury flared again, knee kicked back up, and NO work on the computer except one handed sitting on other hand. The high wavelength jackhammer tremor returned. So I'm stuck for now but at least mostly comfortable and MUCH better on much less sinemet.

I do have great worry about his plan to detox me in hospital in a week. This seems to be very fast and not sure he knows how to treat/support DAWS in a full fledged mode. It is very attractive to get OFF in a week but I want to live through it. I did insist on some kidney and liver bloodwork to be sure I'm not having DAWS symptoms he's not picking up on. Should have results in a week or so.

There is much good info in the old posts such as activity that promotes dosage becoming effective faster by relaxing instead of continuing to type or do fine motor things. Thanks to everyone in these posts. No docs ever mentioned any of this stuff.

Read with great interest the post from lou lou about stress and PD diagnosis. It read like my life and medical history down to the dehydration resulting in injury to my eyes and gastrointestinal breakdown that they never figured out but that previcid seemed to control. I think there is much to be said about living life at such high stress as I did during abusive marriage. My mom mentioned a friend dx'd with MS that was MS free after the divorce. Now she mentioned tonight that her type 2 diabetes manifested shortly after my dad's surgery for prostate cancer.

If we never get to a normal de-stressed hormone level for an extended enough time we ever remain at some heightened fight or flight adrenal level. Even when enjoying something fun we never get to a healthy level to start healing or being normal because the background static high normal hormone stress takes months to decrease to a normal level and allow our bodies to compensate and become normal again. It makes me wonder how many people are very misdiagnosed with many things just due to the lives we live at to high a price before we put the pieces together and realize the cost.

I've renewed my commitment to meditate daily again. That always helps with the stress. A three year divorce does not but then when he won't quit I have little choice on that matter. The legal system sadly provides no help for the sick or disabled I found out the hard way. ADA? What's that?

I've made appointment with two other neuros with very good records in treating mis-dx'd people so I'll at least have more input shortly. I'm betting the other doc is right on my stress level tho. Too much too soon-too stressed doesn't make for good detox.
d0gma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nickvalo (06-29-2011)