View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Just to comment on one area--

At the very least they should do blood titers for anti-gliadin IgA and IgG, anti-transglutaminase IgA, and total IgA (this last test, if it show overall low levels of IgA, may indicate skewing of the other test results). I've had a few blood tests lately, when the doc read the results he said all my levels look fine, except that my iron is low. That's not news to me. I have had low iron all my life. All my life it has been recommended I take a daily iron supplement. I don't because I don't care to take an unnecessary pills daily. (Low iron does not debilitate me from daily life, the only negative is I can't give blood at the blood drive, and even then, sometimes I can because I pass - so I usually still try<or used to before the last 3 years that is>) So my doc's recommendation is to take a multivitamin, and exercise more. I've even been trying to take the multivitamin more regularly, as the additional iron will help with the fatigue symptoms I'm sure, and well I like to keep working - so I'll do it. I just don't think that is the answer to my issue, and it feels like my doc has stopped looking. That's not okay with me.

Iron deficiency is definitely an indication to investigate for celiac/gluten sensitivity--the small intestine may not be absorbing the iron from your food that it should be--indeed, it may not be absorbing a number of nutrients.

Many doctors are not well-versed in nutrition, and many are not that aware of the celiac/gluten possibility (sad but true); you really need to get copies of every test you have, from the past and here on out, to see exactly what has been done and to track results over time. (I suspect you haven't had those tests I mentioned, which are a start for investigation into that possibility.)
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote